Electric Poles

Here are some pictures of electric poles and cables. It would be more suitable to call them "Non Electric Poles", as the electricity pass through these poles and cables just for 6 hours a day. Among other crises Pakistan facing, one and probably the major problem is electricity shortage. This shortage is compensated by load shedding during which the electricity is cut off for about 18 hours in a day. There is no specific time or schedule for load shedding. The load shedding is directly proportion to hot weather. Here I'm not going to discuss the inverse effects of electricity shortage on economy. Actually I don't have factories for which I need electricity nor I have AC installed in my house. The 160 million people of Pakistan including me just need electricity to run a fan.
Electric Poles in Pakistan
Electric Pole PictureElectric Pole PictureElectric Pole Picture

7 comments:

Sharodindu said...

So you call it Amateur Photography!
I call it Simply WOW!
I loved each of the photo here...Thank you very much for sharing!

Birdy Official said...

Thanks Sharodindu for your compliment.

Osaid said...

Awesome shots, but the problem is rather big, sorry to hear that there is a much big time for load shedding in your area!

Birdy Official said...

Thanks Osaid for your concern. The rural and backward areas of Pakistan are treated very discriminately. Even when there is no load shedding in the country, we face a breakdown of electricity for about 5 or 6 hours.

Marvin said...

We were without power for three weeks after a severe ice storm last winter. We were more fortunate than many because we could still heat our home (wood stove) and cook (propane). Still, it seems as if everything I needed to do was prohibited or at least complicated by the lack of electricity -- a short-term hassle, but not a hardship. Trying to organize one's life with only six hours of electricity available on an irregular basis would seem very difficult.

Birdy Official said...

Thanks Marvin for your detail comment. Our electricity shortage problem is not a short term problem. When I was a kid I become used to the term 'Load Shedding' as we had load shedding at that time. Now I'm 35 and we still have load shedding, but worse than the previous time.

Marvin said...

Just to make certain there's no misunderstanding, my comment about "a short-term hassle, but not a hardship" was meant to apply only to my own situation. I agree that your "Load Shedding" is a hardship because the people suffer on a daily basis and because it makes economic development nearly impossible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...